The month of July is coming to a close today. This month we’ve been able to hear from so many different perspectives and glean so much important information and teaching on the infinite topic of leaving a godly legacy. Now I want to challenge you to take what you’ve read and heard, and live it out for Christ!
At the very core foundation of a godly legacy lies the heart of a man or a woman that is knit to the heart of God, inseparably.
The relationship is the key. Before the service, before the example-setting, before the giving…it all starts in the prayer closet with the word “relationship.” Where is your relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ? Is He real in your life…is He real in your living?
Man makes “impressions” by looking at his peers and trying to measure up. God’s way is for man to look at HIM and to change his peers by being conformed to Christ-likeness. This is the essential ingredient in the leaving of a godly legacy.
Believer, what do you believe? Do you live as a man with a mark upon him – the mark of God? Does your face shine as the face of Moses when he came down from communing with God? Only within the relationship can the legacy be built. Apart from it, the legacy is not lasting – a mere shadow that fades into nothingness when man dies, taking the memory of a meaningless life with him.
The many people you have heard from during the existence of this blog have all been young people who have committed themselves to seeking the Lord. Our mistakes are many, as we are not perfect, nor the “example” by any means, for the world to follow. Yet, it is the heart that defines the man or the woman of God. It is our desire, as our team moves on to other things that God has brought across our paths, that our readers implement the following disciplines of seeking the Lord in their life, and in doing so, lay a foundation that will change the world and the impact of the Gospel upon the lives of the great host of onlookers we are surrounded by each day.
- Commit to spend time each morning in the Word of God and especially in prayer!
- Ask the Lord “What do you require of me?” and be willing to obey, no matter how difficult the answers may seem. Obedience is better than sacrifice.
- Know what you believe. Do not compromise or back down on any point. He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
- Ask God to show you the needs of those around you: your immediate family, your friends, people in your grocery store, co-workers, and even the world.
- Respond to the needs you meet, prayerfully and in humility. Look to the Lord Jesus Christ, the wonderful Counselor, to give you the words when opportunities come to share His truth.
- Share the gospel – however impossible or difficult that may seem in your mind – with a lost and dying world.
- Pass on the truths of the Christian life to those under you, and inspire godly living in all you come in contact with.
This blogging ministry has been a gift from God – an opportunity for those of us who have written for the blog, to lay a godly foundation, to be counter-cultural, to speak the truth boldly and be committed, to stretch our faith and listen for the voice of the Holy Spirit as we’ve prayed about what to write, when, how…the list goes on. This ministry is not over. It is only just beginning: in the lives of each of you, our readers.
It is our prayer that we have been able to encourage you, but not only this, you have so encouraged us as we have received emails and comments and even just read the stats – realizing that people all over the world are reading and gleaning God’s truth. It is nothing of our own, but HIS to give. Wherever you are today, wherever God may place you tomorrow, GO. Give of yourself, lay down your life for the lives of those to come after you. Make a statement – not a statement that belongs to the world, but a statement that marks you as God’s man, God’s woman. Be strong and of good courage, and may our Lord Jesus Christ strengthen you with might in your inner being, a lighted city set on a hill that cannot be hidden.
Stay in God’s Grip!
~Hannah, for the team.
There will be one final post at the end of the first week of August some time. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you for your encouragement and support in this blogging ministry!